2016 wasn't easy, but it was amazing and full of adventures. Seeing amazing landscapes, experiencing unique cultures, and meeting amazing people along the way.
I started last year by working my ass off as a freelancer, working 12+ hours a day. But I was able to ...
- Travel to 6 countries (Georgia, Turkey, Indonesia, Malaysia, Vietnam, Germany), and more than 30 cities.
- Eat beautiful and weird stuff, from Khinkali in Georgia, to fried Silk worms and snake's beating heart with it's blood in Vietnam.
- Climb 4 mountains/volcanoes (Mousa in Egypt, Batur and Agung in Bali, Fansipan in Vietnam)
- Learn photography, freediving, surfing, and riding a scooter.
- Swim with sharks and stingrays in Malaysia, and swim inside USSR ship wreck in Bali.
- Buy my first camera (Sony a6000).
- And finally, moved to Berlin.
Also, last year, I barely completed my reading challenge. These were the ones I really enjoyed.
- ★ Ready Player One by Ernest Cline
- ★ Dune by Frank Herbert (Read the first three, but the first as my favorite)
- ★ Foundation series by Isaac Asimov (Second Foundation is my favorite)
- ★ The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho
- Departure by A.G. Riddle
- The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman
- Neuromancer by William Gibson
- 1984 by George Orwell
- Fahrenheit 451 by Bradbury, Ray
- A Clockwork Orange by Anthony Burgess
- ★ Creativity, Inc.: Overcoming the Unseen Forces That Stand in the Way of True Inspiration by Ed Catmull
- ★ Sapiens: A Brief History of Humankind by Yuval Noah
- ★ Superintelligence: Paths, Dangers, Strategies by Nick Bostrom
- Ghost in the Wires: My Adventures as the World's Most Wanted Hacker by Kevin D. Mitnick
- Death Throes of the Republic by Dan Carlin (Podcast, but it's long to be considered an audiobook)
- Living with Complexity by Donald A. Norman
- It's Not How Good You Are, It's How Good You Want To Be by Paul Arden