I’m just a designer, but some stuff happened that resulted in me developing a whole REST API in Ruby on Rails. It was the first time for me to use Ruby but thanks to Rails community and Gems I learned fast and did something decent in no time.
Anyway I just want to share technologies we are currently using.
- Ubuntu 12.04
- Latest Nginx from Ubuntu
- rbenv: To manage rubies for projects
- Ruby 1.9.3
- Rails 3.2.11
- Redis: Used by Resque for background jobs
- Mongoid for mongodb
- Devise for authentication and oAuth
- RABL for formatting JSON responses
- HTTParty for sending push notifications to pushbots
- SendGrid for sending emails
- Paperclip + for uploading attachments and sending them to Amazon S3
- NewRelic for application monitoring
- Mina for deployment, a lot smoother that Capistrano
- Foreman for process management
- Unicorn for running application server.
- Resque for background jobs